My book on the films of Dario Argento

My first book - a guide to the films of Dario Argento - is due out this month courtesy of Kamera Books. It is my hope that it will act as an accessible introduction to a general readership of Argento’s work – and that it will also appeal to his hardcore fan base. You can pick up a copy from your local library or bookshop, or from either of these fine places:

Hive:
Wordery:

Written last summer, it examines Argento's entire output to date: from his earlier gialli such as The Animal Trilogy and Deep Red, through his elaborately gothic fairytales Suspiria and Inferno, right up to his more recent contributions to TV's Masters of Horror, the conclusion of his Three Mothers trilogy, Mother of Tears, and his latest thriller, Giallo. I also look at his work as producer, including titles such as George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead, Lamberto Bava's Demons and Michele Soavi's The Church

The book is the result of painstaking research that involved delving into Argento's entire catalogue, along with a plethora of other stylish Italian horror films that he was involved in the making of. And that was only after I managed to track down some of his more obscure titles. My copy of Maitland McDonagh's Broken Mirrors/Broken Minds: The Dark Dreams of Dario Argento rarely left my sight. By the end of this week, my book will finally be available for Argento fans to devour and hopefully enjoy. Big thanks to Chuck Norris Ate My Baby and Paracinema for their shout-outs this week. I really appreciate their support and encouragement. 

Some bibliographical information...

release date: 22 October 2009
price: £12.99
ISBN13: 9781842433188
binding: paperback
format: 194 X 135mm with flaps
extent: 160
images: + 8pp colour images
rights: world
BIC code: APFB

Deep Red regards.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Creepy Scene # 72: Darby O’Gill & the Little People

The Soul Eater (2024)

The Deep Dark (2023)